OEB Health & Safety Program
All members and professional guests of the Department of OEB, the Harvard University Herbaria, the Museum of Comparative Zoology, and the Museum of Natural History should be familiar with the elements of the Safety Program.
Each individual has an interest in a safe learning and working environment. Therefore, each shares responsibility with the University for establishing and maintaining this environment.
- Harvard's Environmental Health and Safety Department (EH&S) provides guidance and information through their web site.
- Everyone should make themselves familiar with the information available from EH&S, including the on-line training programs. In particular, those who work in laboratories are required to complete Hazardous Waste Training annually.
- The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for laboratory reagents is also available through the EH&S web site.
- Safety Program materials are available below for downloading and printing. Each operating unit should review all elements of the Safety Program.
- Each building has a customized Evacuation Plan.
- The Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP) can be found in Safe Chemical Work Practices. CHP is in three sections and is common across all units and buildings.
- Each operating unit (laboratory, collection, library, etc) shall appoint a representative to the department Safety Committee.
- Medical - Dial 911
- Harvard Police - 617.495.1212
- Operations Center - 617.495.5560
- Emergency Guide
- EH&S Office Accident Reporting and Information
Questions and comments may be addressed to Rebecca Chetham at: email@example.com