Updated May 14, 2013

During their time in OEB, many graduate students travel within the US or aboard for activities related to their research. A variety of resources are available from OEB and from Harvard to ensure that students have safe and productive travels.

OEB requests that you fill out and submit the following paperwork to the graduate program staff in advance of your next trip:

The grad program staff will then work with you to ensure that you’ve filled out all of the necessary waivers and releases that Harvard requires.

For information on grants for research travel, visit the Stipends, Taxes, and Grants page.

General information on Travel and Reimbursement at Harvard can be found at the website of the Office of the Controller:

Harvard Travel Assist

As of April 1, 2013, assistance for international travelers, including medical referrals, emergency evacuation, and repatriation, as well as access to country-specific safety and medical information is now offered by Harvard Travel Assist, and the accompanying emergency phone number (+1 617-998-0000). This replaces the International SOS name and phone number. Visit the Harvard Travel Assist website for more information.

Resources for International Field Work

The Harvard Global Support Services office provides operational guidance and resources to students, faculty, and staff traveling or managing projects abroad. Visit their site for information.